Sunday 2 March 2014

Kollektivet: Jacket-Time

Jakob has had enough of being self-conscious about his body, and being peer-pressured into hellish sunbathing, time for jacket-time!
               

                            -Lyrics-

The summer, it is over, autumn is closing in.
People are cold and they are blue
but I find comfort in the fact that I no longer have to stress,
no more of being uncomfortable,
showing off a pasty white, fat body that easily gets sun-eczema.

I have been sweaty, it hasn’t been easy, when you’re so damn self-conscious about those extra pounds of fat.


But the summer fades away, now comes cold, sleet and storm.
It’s my favourite time of year!
Cause now it’s jacket-season!
Wrap myself into a jacket-cocoon.
Hiding bulges, evening out the fat.
Put my jacket on and go far away! To a place where I feel safe,
where I can finally breathe again.
A place where you and I are equals.
Who says I can’t be hiding a six-pack, when I’m wearing a coat?

Friend: "Jakob, aren’t you going to take something off? Damn that looks warm."

No thank you, that time has passed.
It’s jacket-time, time for jacket, jacket-you, jacket-we.
I don’t have time to waste jacket-time on stuff like that.
It takes the denial now, and the body in the long run.

Do you feel fat, put your jacket on!
Do you feel silly, put your jacket on!
Does your fat jiggle uncontrollably? Is your sweater too tight?
Got a little bit man-boob going on? Put your jacket on!

But what do I do when I get indoors?
I lie about having a cold.
Have to keep my jacket on, hat, mittens, scarf on, covers, blanket
pillows of down, put on more jackets, keep myself snug
a duvet, sunglasses, a cap with flaps
I wrap myself in, I jacket myself in, I go into hibernation, into hibernation I go
Don’t wake me when spring comes!

No comments:

Post a Comment