Sunday 23 February 2014

Kollektivet: Embarrassing Parents

Audmina is like every other typical teenager living with her parents, which has become a bit of a problem, as her parents seem to get sillier and more embarrassing for each day that passes. Is it just her, or are they a little bonkers?

Narrator:
Audmina lives in this house, with her parents.
She feels she has the silliest and most embarrassing parents in the entire world.

Audmina:
It’s probably normal to feel your parents are embarrassing, but mine ARE embarrassing. Really embarrassing.

Narrator:
It is not unusual for teens to feel their parents are silly. Experts put this reaction to be a pubescent problem.




Expert:
It’s primarily due to the hormones they develop entering puberty, but of course, it’s also partly due to the fact that youths feel the need to separate themselves from their parents. To get their own identity, and to not be as reliant.


Father:
"An garde! You’re skilled with the cucumber! Solar plexus!"
"OH my, isn’t it our little girl?!"
"Or should I say our big girl?"
"Or should I say Supreme Court Judge?"

Mother:
"Did you get your period? No? But don’t you worry about that, take me, I didn’t get mine until I was 34."
"The day after I lost my beard."

Father: "In a drowning-accident!"

Audmina: "Argh, you are so embarrassing and silly!"

Mother: "Embarrassing and silly???"


Audmina:
I don’t know what to do, all the grown-ups keep telling me it’s just a phase I’m going through.
I can’t say I agree.

Narrator:
The parents are still responsible and need to protect their young in their teens, this situation often seems more and more unnatural for the youths. Leaving their parents to seem more and more embarrassing and silly.



Father:
"The Sultan of Quack-istan! Quack, Quack, Quack!"
"And now it’s time for the Hat-Tuesday jig!"
"Yes! Come on now!"
"Funny Hat-Tuesday!"

Mother: "Swinging hat, swinging hat!"

Father:
"Funny Hat-Tuesday!"
"Who comes there? It’s the Mongolians! Come, Chief constable!"

Mother: "Whoa!"

Father: "We must hide!"


Audmina:
I am very concerned about what’s going to happen to me, whose parents are so silly. How is that going to affect me when I get to that age, you know?


Mother: "Mommy has dressed up like a like a pheasant, because now it’s time for the mating game!"

Father: "Capercaillie, yes, beautiful times ten! Ten watches! 1-2-blahblehbliblo-8-9- ten watches!"

Mother: "Audmina, come now, it’s the mating game! We are going to sniff daddy!"

Father:
"Ah, shaggadagga-duh."

Narrator:
What do you think about what Audmina is experiencing?


Expert:
There’s nothing wrong with Audmina’s parents. It is a well-known phase… oh, excuse me, I have to take this, you see, it’s my son Tord calling, So I just have to….

Hi there Tord! blllltttssss Did you get a kayak with no banjo? Can you pet the goose without a goose-flute? Wiiiihuuu, wiihuuu, says daddy’s goose-flute! Who goes there? Quack, quack, quack! It’s a real goose! Bye-bye then Tord! Hahahaha!!

As I said before, it’s just a phase that you have to go through, and then it’ll pass, and everything goes back to normal again.

Father: "We are not silly! No we are not silly, not silly!"

Narrator:
Then it just remains to be seen if Audmina comes out of this unscathed.


Father: "Not silly! NOT SILLY!"

No comments:

Post a Comment